VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite

3 posters

Go down

Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite  Empty Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite

Post  chiclidlover Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Just came home to a pair of tetras spawning. Water temp is 80 slightly acidic brackish water don't know if I should move the plant or wait it out. Cory's an pleco are in a divider so I think ill wait an see
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite  Empty Re: Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite

Post  williemcd Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:06 pm

I'll let Ira chime in.. he has a knack w/ Tetra's...
Bill

williemcd

Back to top Go down

Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite  Empty Re: Buenos tetras spawning on cabomba an water sprite

Post  chiclidlover Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 pm

There still there white with lil dots on them noticed them fanning them with there tail fins imma let nature take its course just had my first hybrid today platy guppy mix colors are hd vivid already beautiful gold an maroon post a pick when I can catch them out side the moss
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  verbal Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:00 am

Congrats on the spawn.

Why are they in brackish water?

verbal

Back to top Go down

Post  chiclidlover Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:01 pm

The tank has mollys an my dragon goby in it also so I needed to at some salinity to the water. I've keep the tank with them in almost a year in that same tank same way. Tetras can handle some salinity all I've only lost one neon out of the twenty an that was after my gold fish turned rogue four months ago. I stick with certain plants swords bomba moss an java fern I use tetra balance one a week water changes once a week 25% an it's about 25 fish in a twenty nine. But any who there twenty five wigglers that made it being housed in my twenty gallon igloo color temp 78 no light sponge filter java moss an alot of cups with sand from 55 tank. Feeding them brine shrimp an gelled food there finally moving up to eat I use the light in my fish room illuminate them or my led clamp light can't wait to see them in my tank moving around
chiclidlover
chiclidlover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down