VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fungal infection

3 posters

Go down

Fungal infection Empty Fungal infection

Post  Amp2020 Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 am

The angelfish I won from the last group meet at Skoolz of Fish has started developing a fuzzy white spot on its forehead and tail fin. I've seen videos of treating this with hydrogen peroxide swabbing but that was on a goldfish. I've got plenty of herbal remedies but I'm curious what others use and what's your experience. The tank is a 265 gallon tank that's heavily planted with a few rosy barbs. Working on getting a bigger heater for it.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate almost zero
pH 7.0-6.8
Temperature 71-73 degrees F.

Only had it for one day before the spots showed up. 100% sure it's not ich. Not sure how it could have been injured.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fungal infection Empty Re: Fungal infection

Post  neogeo20041 Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 am

If you can post few pic then we can ID if its a bacteria or a fungal problem and take it from there.
neogeo20041
neogeo20041
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Doxiemom Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:51 am

Amp...a HP swab will work on Angels as well. Net, swab, count to 5, release. You will notice the area looking worse for maybe two days then it will begin to regrow. CAUTION: when around eye area!
It is probably a secondary infection due to poor water conditions and lack of water changes in the tank it came out of.
Doxiemom
Doxiemom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum