VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

VaFishAddictz
Welcome to VAFA! Where we talk and share our fish keeping secrets. So come and join us into discussing the future of the hobby.
VaFishAddictz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aqua Top CF100

2 posters

Go down

Aqua Top CF100 Empty Aqua Top CF100

Post  AngelAddict Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Aqua Top CF100 Img_2010
http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-filters/aquatop-cf-300-canister-filter.html

well this filter isn't a bad filter but I will never buy another one. It has a stacked try set up much like the marineland canister filter but the handles are extremely weak and slip out of the slot they sit and and can break. Mine broke on the bottom tray and I don't have a handle to pull it out with now. Although I can't get the bottom tray out anyway. It has been lodged in the bottom of the filter body. I didn't push it down hard or anything just the size and such its just stuck. It is a common problem with this filter from what i have read. All the trays are hard to get out even if you dump the water out. The input and output fixtures are kinda nice. It offers a 5/8" hose with hose nuts which is kinda nice to ensure you have a good fit and the strainer is big but the slots are small so not to suck up small fish. It comes with a spray bar but I am just using the straight up output angel thinggie. It has a large prime button but it gets stuck and wont come up and if it doesn't do that it doesn't suck water in. If that happens I have to siphon start it and that always ends up with a mouth full of water.

again over all not a bad filter.... but has problems. for 80$ you get what you pay for I guess. My advice though is to save up a little more money and buy a Fluval

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

Aqua Top CF100 Empty Re: Aqua Top CF100

Post  Amp2020 Sat May 11, 2013 1:09 am

Wow you have a lot of filters. This is just a cheap knock off of the marineland filter and not built anywhere as well.

Amp2020
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelAddict Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 am

there is actually a fake of it too ha ha. i got it for 30$ off one of our old members on the old page. it worked ok for a while but then it just started crapping out on me. kens fish sells them now and it really disappoints me that they do cuz that's a great site.

and yea i have 7 tanks and i had aqua clears on all of them but wanted to up grade well ran into some crap while up grading and also realized that the aqua clear is one of the best

AngelAddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum